SilentLivingAnthology [http://silentlivinganthology.wordpress.com] nominated me (well, and 9 others) for the Liebster Award. Please don’t ask me the specifics on how it works, because I don’t want to tell you (fine, okay, it’s because I don’t know). What I do know, is that I thank the nominator, answer the questions, nominate about 10 other bloggers and pose new questions of my own! Fun? Fun. At least, I thought so (and I’m cool, so you should think so too).
Now then, let’s get on with it. Jazakallah Khair Sister Bibi Ayesha!
The 10 questions that I am to answer are..
*no drumroll because musical instruments are haraam, Astaghfirullah*
- Who are your 3 favourite people alive today?
I can’t answer that. For safety reasons because I come from a big family (5 children) and they will harm me. Buut, I’m not sure if that’s against the rules or whatever, so (Internally saying Bismillah, by the way), I’m going to go with my Dad, my Mum and (I’m sorry, ya’ll) my niece. My sister is going to kill me for that (even though it’s her daughter), but I won’t choose from my siblings, so there it is.
- Do you believe in corporal punishment?
I have a younger brother.
(Before you go thinking I warm the belt spatula, I don’t. I just think that sometimes, a simple reprimand isn’t enough. Nothing major, of course)
- What’s your favourite food?
Pizza! I know, cliché, but that’s it. Pizza (because Pizza always deserves a Capital Letter) is the answer to everything.
- What’s your take on home-schooling..?
You should know that I home-school my brother (I actually only do the Math, English and Islamic Studies part of it) beforehand. Yes, the same younger brother (no more than one person holds that title) from the previous question. Which means, I have only positive opinions on it.
- If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Whoa! Are we talking legal money here or what?
Sadaqah. Invest. Umrah/Haj. Not necessarily in that order. I don’t know. I get really awkward answering questions like this, frankly (I have no idea why).
- Are you happy with your name? If not, what would you change it to?
I am. Hah, don’t think you can get my name out of me! My momma told me all about you internet people (I didn’t listen, considering I’m close friends with someone I met online and haven’t seen in person even though I’ve chatted to her for a year).
- If you were asked to give one single piece of advice, what would it be?
“Don’t only beg for Jannah but live such a life that Jannah begs for you.” [Credit goes to SMS4ISLAM.COM]
- Do you agree with big weddings with everyone you know, small reception for just a few or no function at all?
I don’t. Don’t get your hijab in a twist (ALERT! Stolen line), i didn’t mean to offend you. I just appreciate the beauty of a small Nikaah with people that know more about me than my name and family (inquisitive Indian Aunties don’t count). The benefits and rewards of having one is also a deciding factor (hey there, potential blog post).
- Have you ever visited the holy lands? If so, how many times?
I have, Alhamdulillah! Twice so far. Wholly making Dua to not only increase our number of visits, but for accepted Umrah’s as well.
- Who is your favourite reciter of the Holy Quraan?
*cries* this is the toughest one so far. Sheikh Maher Al-Mueaqly, if it has to be one.
And the nominees are..
*still no drums*
Right, Onwards and Upwards. I figured I’d give this a theme (if is really that) to make things easier. Every question will contain three words only (with further explanations in brackets). The information within brackets isn’t necessarily the way you should take the question, it’s just a sort of ‘help’. It’s up to you!
- Heels or Sneakers? (including a reason for your choice is preferable)
- Chocolate or Strawberry? (fruit, milkshake flavour and such)
- Morning or Night? (mainly when you’re less grumpy)
- Sameera’s/Kaftan’s or Evening- Dresses? (mostly whether you like dressing up)
- Background or Foreground? (your behavior in public)
- Burger or Pizza? (hint: look at the latter option)
- Arabic or Urdu? (chiefly, the sort of nasheeds you like listening to)
- Cooking or Baking? (ultimately which you like more)
- Pepsi or Coke? (pretty straight-forward)
- Sit-up or Push-ups? (sorry, there was no place for neither as an option)
And that’s it! Enjoy. Or not. Just make the best of it *big grin*
Love and Duas,